My old pal Jeremy Gustafson of Gannett’s Des Moines Design Studio tells us:
Gabby Douglas won the all-around gold. Hey, even though she is from Virginia, she trained in Iowa. Hey, Gabby Douglas is an Iowan.
Got to go big on the sports front for her big day. Had two different covers (the poster refer is all that changed) but this one is so much better than the other. And it almost didn’t get in. CCI was waging war on me last night.
I won, but barely.
Here’s the front:
Average daily circulation for the Des Moines Register is 101,915.
Previous coverage of the London Olympic Games here in the blog…
- Friday, July 27: A look at the Chicago Tribune‘s Olympics special section
- Saturday, July 28: A face that captures what the Olympics are all about
- Sunday, July 29: Somebody, please buy NBC Sports an atlas
- Monday, July 30: A Johannesburg paper celebrates Olympic gold for a South African swimmer
- Monday, July 30: Cool front-page Olympic photo on the front of the Globe & Mail
- Tuesday, July 31: A look at Olympics pages from the Guardian
- Tuesday, July 31: Times of Oman graphic explains how Muslim athletes are balancing their Ramadan fasting with their dietary needs for Olympic competition
- Wednesday, Aug. 1: Olympic gold medal elation on the front pages of South African newspapers
- Thursday, Aug. 3: Yet another genius Olympics visualization by the Times of Oman.
I’m just not capable of doing much research myself — I’m currently in Kenya on a consulting assignment and will leave Friday for South Africa for another week of work there.
But that doesn’t mean I won’t post great work here in the blog. If you’d like to share Olympics pages with your fellow blog readers, please send ‘em to me. The address:
chuckapple [at] cox.net